Christ Evangelical German Lutheran Church

Church Rentals
Anyone wishing to rent the church for a wedding may call the Wedding Coordinator, Mary Long, at 989-627-2281 to schedule a showing of the church and/or book a wedding. The church will hold approximately 100 people comfortably.  The church does have heat and air conditioning. Wedding ceremonies may also be booked for the pavilion on the circle drive with some exceptions.

What is the cost of renting the church?  The cost for one showing of the church, a rehearsal, and the wedding is $400.  There is a non-refundable deposit of $200.  The balance of $200 is due 30 days prior to the wedding. Rehearsal time is 1 ½ hours and wedding day is 2 ½ hours.
Do you allow musicians?  Musicians are welcomed at the expense of the renting party.  The church has a baby grand piano and a pipe organ available for use.  The wedding coordinator has a list of pianists and organists that are available at your expense.
Do you have a list of ministers?  The wedding coordinator has a list of available ministers.
Is there nearby parking available?  There is a large grassy parking area on the south side of the church.  Parking is also available on Gov. Parsons Drive in McCurdy Park.
Is the church air conditioned?  The church had a new air conditioning system and a new furnace installed in 2013.
How many people will the church hold?  The church will hold about 100 people.
Can a wedding be performed on the church steps?  Yes, but the cost remains the same as a regular church rental.
Is there a place for the bride/groom to dress?  The 1904 Webster Davis-Kribs home next to the church may be rented for the bride and bridesmaids to use before the wedding for a cost of $100.  Also the groom and groomsmen may rent the Webster Davis-Kribs log cabin to use/dress at a cost of $75.
Are we allowed to decorate the church?  Decorations are allowed.  However, no staples, pins, nails or adhesives are permitted on any of the village structures, including the pews.  Decorations must be removed immediately after the wedding.
Do you allow rice, confetti, flower petals or bird seed?  These items are not allowed.  Guests may use bubbles outside the church.  If a flower girl is dropping silk petals, they must be picked up after the wedding.
Can I rent the pavilion for a wedding?  The rental fee for the pavilion is $100.  Reservations may be made up to three months in advance and only if there is no conflict with a scheduled church wedding or an event in the village.
Is there a restroom?  The only restroom is located at the entrance to the village
Who do I contact for reservations?  Contact Mary Long at 989-627-2281.